A delicious fruit salad recipe and not the usual fruit salad recipe that use only condensed milk and all-purpose cream on a canned fruit cocktail. This one has an egg yolk-butter sauce mixed with fruits such as pineapples, oranges, cherries and fruit cocktail.
How to Make Fruit Salad
- 1 big can pineapple tidbits
- 1 big can fruit cocktail or fruits in season
- 2 big oranges
- 1 cup all purpose cream chilled
- 8 pcs preserved cherries with stem
- 1/2 package marshmallows
Egg yolk sauce ingredients:
- 2 pcs egg yolks
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon or calamansi juice
- 2 tbsp. butter
How to make fruit salad
- Beat the yolks, lemon juice and sugar. Cook in a double boiler with constant stirring until thick.
- Add the butter and cool. Drain the canned goods in a sieve thoroughly. Peel the orange, divide into segments.
- Add to the drained fruits. Whip cream until volume doubles. Fold in with the fruits.
- Add the cooled sauce. Transfer to a serving dish. Top with cherries and marshmallows.
- Refrigerate overnight. Serves 6.