Feeding children with vegetable is easy. With this recipe, you can give them the chance to taste vegetables in a different way-crisp and tangy. Served with vinegar dipping sauce or catsup, it is good as appetizer main meal.
How to Cook Vegetable Okoy
With this recipe, you can give them the chance to taste vegetables in a different way-crisp and tangy.
- 250 grams sweet potato kamote, strips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 250 grams squash strips
- 500 ml cooking oil
- 100 grams carrots strips
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup malunggay leaves
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 pc bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 egg beaten
How to Cook Vegetable Okoy:
- Combine water, egg, flour, salt and pepper.
- Mix, add all vegetables and blend well.
- Make sure that they are well coated with egg-flour mixture.
- Drop by spoonful into hot oil to form mini-okoy and fry until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil using a strainer. Serve with dipping sauce.
Vinegar Dipping Sauce:
- Mix 1/2 cup cane vinegar with a tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper and 1 tsp. soy sauce.
- Add 1 tbsp. chopped onion and 2 segment garlic.