This is a recipe of a simple cuchinta without any food coloring. The color will depend on the kind of sugar used.
How to Make Simple Kutsinta (Cuchinta)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lye solution see homemade lye below
How to make Simple Kutsinta:
- Combine sugar, lye and water and bring to a boil.
- Cool. Add to rice flour and stir until smooth.
- Pour unto cuchinta molds and stream for 15 minutes.
- Serve with grated coconut.
- Burn wood till all turns unto ash. Sift and save fine dust. Place in a bottle till needed. When needed, boil enough with equal part of water. Strain in double thickness cloth and save water. Use water as lye.