1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 & 2/3 cups (about 8 slices) toasted bread crumbs
2 large fully ripe avocado
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Scoops Ice cream
How to make Crumb Crust Fruit Dessert
- Combine melted butter and brown sugar. Stir in bread crumbs and mix thoroughly.
- Firmly press crumb mixture, reserving 1/3 cup, into ungreased 10- by 6-inches rectangular pan.
- Bake in 425 °F oven for 5 minutes; set aside.
- Combine cornstarch and sugar in a saucepan; slowly add pineapple juice and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; cool and gently fold in avocado scoops.
- Pour mixture evenly over baked crumb crust; sprinkle top with remaining crumbs.
- Chill thoroughly. Serve with whipped topping or ice cream.
Leave a Reply