This is a very simple and basic recipe of polvoron. It’s up to you if you want to add nuts or toasted rice (pinipig) to make this a special polvoron. All-purpose flour is commonly used in making polvoron but you can also use cassava flour. To see the complete recipe with lists of ingredients in exact measurements, continue reading.
To make polvoron: Toast flour to light brown. Mix sugar and powdered milk. Melt butter and add to the mixture. Mix thoroughly and mold in polvoron molder. Wrap individually in cellophane, if desired.
How to Make Polvoron (Short Bread)
- 1 cup cassava flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
How to make polvoron:
- Toast flour in a heated skillet to light brown. Use a low medium flame to avoid burning.
- Mix sugar and powdered milk.
- Melt butter and add to the mixture.
- Mix thoroughly and mold in polvoron molder.
- Wrap individually in cellophane, if desired.