Wonton wrappers are not only for siomai or pancit molo. You can make a variation like this one for an entirely different flavor. Instead of using ground meat, this wontons are filled with cream cheese, curry powder and egg yolks then fried until golden brown. Great for serving as appetizer or snacks anytime of the day. If you want some variation, you can mix in some jalapeno or parsley.
How to Make Cream Cheese Wontons
- 240 grams cream cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 50 wonton wrappers
- Cooking oil for deep frying
How to make Cream Cheese Wontons:
- Stir cream cheese until creamy. Blend in egg yolk and curry powder. Put half a teaspoon of the mixture in center
- of each wrapper, and fold over.
- Set prepared wontons on a cornstarch dusted cookie sheet. Do not let prepared wontons stand for more
- than an hour or they will become soggy or sticky.
- Deep fry wontons in 350 °F oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot plain or with sweet and sour sauce or sweet chili sauce.