A native vegetable dish from northern mindanao region 10. Usually humba is a pork dish but this unique exotic dish is made from unripe jackfruit which is cooked as a vegetable.
How to Cook Humba na Nangka
- 10 tanglad leaves
- 2 1/2 cups cut young langka (2" x 1" wedges)
- 2 cups coconut milk 2nd extraction
- 2 tablespoons sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon crushed turmeric
- 2 tablespoons bagoong sauce
- 1 teaspoon ona whole fermented fish
- 1 cup coconut milk 1st extraction
- 1/2 cup slice tomatoes
- 1 small turmeric leaf
- 1 leaf oregano
- 1 sprig yerba Buena
How to cook humba na nangka:
- Line bottom of a pan with tanglad leaves.
- Arrange nangka in pan and add 2nd extraction of coconut milk, onion, ginger and turmeric.
- Cook 20 minutes. Season with fish sauce and whole fish of fermented bagoong.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Cook 2 minutes longer. Serve hot. Six servings.