This salad is made from a variety of fresh seaweed salad commonly called as “lato” then tossed with grated green mango, tomatoes, onion then dressed with native vinegar and calamansi juice. There are two common seaweeds locally available in the wet market. This variety of seaweed (the lato) looks like tiny green grapes. The other are like branches of a tree. There are both edible but in my opinion lato is better because its soft and easy to prepare.
How to Make Lato Salad (Seaweed Salad)
- 2 cups fresh lato
- 1/4 cup onions chopped
- 1/4 cup tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp. native vinegar
- 2 tbsp. calamansi juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup green mango grated
How to make lato salad:
- Clean lato thoroughly in running water and drain.
- Put lato in a bowl and mix in onions and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl mix native vinegar and calamansi juice and stir in salt.
- Pour mixture in lato and mix gently.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with grated green mango.