A combination of fruits and vegetables salad recipe. A mixture of fruit cocktail, baguio beans, chayote and chicken breast. To vegan, you can omit the chicken and subtitute with vegemeat or tofu.
How to Make Fruit Vegetable Salad
- 1 can 439 grams Fruit Cocktail, drained and reserve the syrup
- 1 large 300 grams chayote or sayote, cut into tidbits
- 30 pcs baguio beans cut into 3/4" long
- 150 grams chicken breast cooked and flaked or fried tofu for vegans
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. fruit cocktail syrup
- 1/4 cup all-purpose cream
- 1 tsp. calamansi juice
- 1/4 tsp. paprika optional
- 3/4 tsp. iodized salt
How to make Fruit Vegetable Salad:
- Cook baguio beans in fruit cocktail syrup and 1 cup water for 2 minutes.
- Add chayote and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Combine with chicken and fruit cocktail. Combine all ingredients for dressing.
- Mix well then add to the fruit vegetable mixture.
- Blend well. Chill until ready to serve.