Tinutong na munngo consists of glutinous rice cooked in coconut milk with toasted monggo beans. This can be a tasty snack or merienda .
Tinutong na Munggo
- 1/4 cup monggo beans
- 2 cups glutinous rice malagkit
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 mature coconuts niyog, grated (reserve milk and cream)
- warm water
How to make Tinutong Na Monggo or Munggo:
- Toast monggo beans until golden brown. Remove mongo skin.
- Wash malagkit in water until grains swell.
- Combine malagkit with toasted mongo beans.
- To prepare coconut milk, add 1 cup of warm water to grated niyog then squeeze out coconut cream.
- Set aside. Add 6 cups of warm water and extract coconut milk from grated niyog.
- Strain coconut milk and coconut cream separately.
- Add sugar to coconut milk then cook malagkit and mongo beans.
- Stir until mixture is set. Remove from heat and add coconut cream.
- You may adjust sugar or add salt according to desired taste.