Sapin-sapin is a native delicacy which is layered in different colors and usually made from glutinous tice flour. The sapin-sapin recipe I have here does not contain glutinous rice flour. Instead it uses gelatin as a binder and to set the sapin-sapin. The rest of the ingredients of this native dessert consists of coconut milk, ube powder, whipped cream and corn kernels. So if you want to level-up your favorite kakanin, I think this is a good start.
How to Make Sapin-Sapin (Gelatin Based)
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 50 grams corn kernels
- 200 grams sugar
- 50 grams gelatin powder
- 150 ml whipped cream
- 20 grams ube powder purple yam powder
- 1 liter milk
- grated coconut
How to make sapin sapin (Gelatin Based):
- Boil coconut milk and sugar until sugar melts, about 5 minutes.
- Fold in whipped cream. Pour into mold.
- Boil half of milk 2 minutes, add corn and gelatin.
- When gelatin has melted, pour into mold on top of coconut milk mixture.
- Boil half of milk and ube powder 2 minutes then add gelatin.
- Whisk until gelatin has melted. Pour in mold on top of corn.
- Steam until done. Top with grated coconut and serve.
Leave a Reply