Want to serve a unique native delicacies this Christmas? why not try puto bumbong roll with cheese? Traditional Christmas in the Philippines delicacies are puto bumbong and bibingka and this recipe make your dining a little more creative than the usual puto bumbong with margarine and shredded coconut on the side.
How to Cook Puto Bumbong Roll with Cheese
- 8 pcs puto bumbong cooked
- 8 tsp. grated quick melt cheese
- 16 pcs small lumpia wrappers
- 1 cup sugar
- cooking oil for frying
How to cook Puto Bumbong Roll with Cheese:
- Divide the puto bumbong by slicing them in half. So the 8 pcs will become 16 pcs.
- Then lay one lumpia wrapper on a clean surface and put 1/2 tsp of grated cheese.
- Place a piece of puto bumbong on top of the cheese on the lumpia wrapper then roll, wrap and seal both the cheese and the puto bumbong.
- In a frying pan, heat some oil just enough to cover the puto bumbong for deep frying.
- Fry until golden brown and crispy.
- In a saucepan, caramelize the 1 cup of sugar then drizzle over the fried puto bumbong.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply