A tasty snack or merienda which is very easy to cook. A sweet dish made from glutinous rice, coconut milk and cream, sugar and toasted munggo (mung beans). The toasted mung beans is what makes this dish tasty and have a distinctive flavor. So that is how important it is. Toasting it is simple, just put it in a heated empty skillet and stir until it turns into color brown and fragrant.
To cook ginataang munggo; Parch the munggo; rub off husks and winnow. Combine malagkit and munggo; wash well and cook in coconut milk until done. Remove from fire; stir in coco cream and sugar. To see the complete recipe with lists of ingredients in exact measurements, continue reading.
- 2 tablespoons munggo toasted in a skillet
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup malagkit glutinous rice
- 5 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup sugar
How to cook Ginataang Munggo:
- Parch the munggo; rub off husks and winnow.
- Combine malagkit and munggo; wash well and cook in coconut milk until done.
- Remove from fire; stir in coconut cream and sugar.
- Serve hot or cold for 10.