Burong mangga is a popular Filipino preserved green mangoes which is fermented in brine. The process of making burong mangga is easy provided that you are using clean utensils so that bacteria won’t spoil it. Great when served with grilled or fried fish.
6 green mangoes
2 cups water
1/2 cup coarse salt
How to make Fermented Green Mangoes
- Wash all utensils with hot soap suds and rinse with clean water.
- Pour boiling water on chopping board.
- Add salt to water and boil 5 minutes. Set aside.Wash mangoes well.
- Peel and cut out seeds and slice fleshy portion. Arrange in jar.
- Pour cool salt solution on mangoes, cover loosely and allow to ferment for from to 2-5 days.
- Tighten cover and store in a cool dry place.
Leave a Reply