A unique way of making chutney by using bitter gourd or ampalaya. This is also called “atchara” but instead of using shredded unripe papaya, this recipe calls for bitter gourd or ampalaya. This is a great relish served with fried or grilled fish, chicken or pork, that is, if you are not a vegetarian. But for those who abstain from meats, fried tofu is a good alternative.
2 pcs large bitter gourd or ampalaya
6 cloves garlic
2 pcs medium-sized ginger
4 cups vinegar
2 cups sugar
2 tsp salt
How to make ampalaya chutney:
- Wash ampalaya thoroughly. Cut in half vertically and take out seeds.
- Slice diagonally into 1/2-inch thick pieces.
- Slice garlic thinly and ginger into strips. Mix vinegar, sugar and salt. Boil.
- When sugar is already dissolved, add ampalaya, garlic and ginger.
- Cook for 5 minutes over low flame.
virgilio crisostomo says
can you share with me easy recipe of duhat champoy or any champoy and duhat wine? My email is email@example.com