2 parts white sugar to 1 part water
How to make Pomelo Rind Candy:
- Cut pomelo rind (w/pulp) into dice (3/4″). Soak in water with lime or apog. Let stand overnight. Next day, wash 3 times and squeeze out water.
- Blanch for 10 minutes. Drain. Rinse again. Squeeze. Do the rinsing and squeezing two more times or until bitter taste of rind is removed.
- To test, bite the fruit. Make syrup of 2 parts white sugar to 1 part water. Boil pomelo rind in syrup for 10 minutes.
- Let stand overnight. Next day, boil again (in the same syrup)for another 10 minutes. Do this for 3 days.
- On the 4th day, boil until syrup dries up. Keep stirring while cooking till syrup dries. Spread on a tray, dry under the sun or in oven with a low heat (150 degrees Fahrenheit ) for 1 hour.
Leave a Reply