A simple way to preserve mangoes is by turning it into mangoes preserve. Mangoes spoil easily if not eaten when peeled or even if the unpeeled mangoes becomes over ripe in a short period of time. So it is best to preserve it and one of the methods of preservation is by cooking it on sugar syrup. You can preserve it for many days until you want to use it on your baking needs or just eat it for dessert.
1 part sugar and 1 part water
(for every 1 cup of sugar use 1 cup water)
How to make mangoes preserve
- Select ripe firm mangoes. Cut into halves.
- Scoop the pulp with a measuring spoon and drop in cold water.
- Pack scoops in clean 12-ounces jars. Pour water and then drain well.
- Fill with hot syrup made up of one part sugar and one part water.
- Remove air bubbles. Half-seal and sterilize jars for 6 minutes in boiling water.
- Seal completely.
Leave a Reply