This pandan jade recipe is actually a gelatin or jelly dessert made from agar-agar, coconut milk, sugar and pandan leaves for flavoring. This recipe is using dried agar-agar bars that you need to soak in water and boil for several minutes until all the dried agar-agar had been dissolved. This is a little tedious because you it takes a long time to dissolve all the agar-agar and you need to strain it to remove solid particles still left on the liquid. But there is a simple way of cooking this dessert by using jelly powder or gelatine powder.
How to make Pandan Jade
- 2 bars green colored gulaman Agar Agar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 5 pandan leaves
- 2 cups thick coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
How to make Pandan Jade:
- In a bowl soak gulaman bars in the water for 30 minutes.
- In a casserole put softened gulaman with water, add pandas leaves. Boil until gulaman is dissolved.
- Discard the pandas leaves.
- Reduce heat and add the coconut milk and sugar. Stir till sugar is dissolved and mixture begins to simmer.
- Remove from fire and strain into a mold. When cool, refrigerate and serve cold.
anne nardo says
i love the recipe ‘pandan jade’,simple yet delicious..my kids love all gelatin recipes!..