A delicious mango sago dessert that is very simple to make. All you need to make this are mangoes, sago or tapioca, coconut milk powder, mango juice, evaporated milk and sugar. When choosing mangoes, look for the carabao mangoes, they are the most delicious of all the Philippine varieties of mangoes.
How to Make Mango Sago
- 1 1/2 cups cooked sago pearls or tapioca pearls
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon instant gata coconut milk powder
- 1/4 cup mango juice
- 1/2 cup chopped mangoes
How to make Mango Sago:
- Bring water to a boil. Add in sago and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in sugar, juice, evaporated milk and gata (coconut milk).
- Simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring once in a while to prevent sago and milk from burning.
- Cook until liquid has almost evaporated.
- While still hot, blend in mangoes and scoop about 1/2 cup of the mixture into molds or serving containers and let cool. Chill before serving.