This recipe is baked cake with fresh cherries and sour milk. Can be served as breakfast or dessert. Cherries can either be fresh or canned whatever is available in your local supermarket. This recipe also has an option of using fruit cocktail instead of cherries just in case cherries are hard to find.
How to Make Cherry Cake
- 3/4 cup soft butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 cup sour milk
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 2 cups cherries canned or fresh (pitted) (or you can subtitute with fruit cocktai)
- 2 cups sifted flour
How to make Cherry Cake:
- In a medium bowl, cream butter with sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, and beat well. Add soda to sour milk, add to creamed mixture and beat well.
- Blend in all spice and cherries. Add flour, and blend well.
- Pour into 13 x 9 inch pan. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes at 350 °F.
- Let cool. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- Yields 12 - 15 servings.