Kamias Shake (Ginger Lily)
A refreshing and delicious kamias shake made from kamias fruits which are very sour when you eat as is. It is a popular cooking ingredient used as a souring agents on most Filipino dishes. But as you can see it can also be made into a tasty kamias shake like this one.
- ½ cup water
- 1½ cups kamias, cleaned and sliced into rounds
- ¾ cup sugar syrup ( see bottom )
- 5 cups coarsely crushed ice
- In a blender, pour water, syrup, kamias, and crushed ice.
- Blend until ice and kamias are finely crushed and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into six 8-ounce glasses.
- In a small saucepan, combine 3 cups sugar and 1½ cups water.
- Cover and let boil over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Cool and store in refrigerator.