This is a flexible pasta or vegetable dish which can be also used as topping for fish fillets. This pasta is also a healthy alternative to tomato and meat pasta. So if you are looking for a healthy pasta recipe, then I think this is the one for you.
How to Cook Summer Vegetables Pasta
- 250 grams fettuccine twists, spaghetti or elbow pasta
- 1/4 kilo eggplant peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small piece zucchini peeled and sliced
- 2 red bell peppers roasted, peeled, seeded and sliced into 1/2 inch squares
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 anchovy fillets chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon MSG
How to cook Summer Vegetables Pasta:
- In a thick, medium saucepan over medium low fire, heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil.
- Saute onions until wilted.
- Add eggplant and stir for 2 minutes, then add zucchini and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Reduce fire to low and simmer, stirring frequently for 5 minutes, then add red bell peppers and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a thick, medium saucepan over low fire, heat the rest of the olive oil and saute garlic until light brown.
- Saute anchovies for 2 minutes, then add capers and toss for half a minute.
- Add reserved vegetables and simmer for 1 minute.
- Season with salt, pepper and MSG, and simmer for another minute.
- Adjust seasoning to taste then remove from heat.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- Immediately mix with vegetables and serve.
- Serves 6 to 8 as a pasta or vegetable dish; serves 10-12 as a topping for fish fillet.
- To reheat left overs, add 1 tablespoon oil over low fire.