Creamy Cheese Potatoes
This recipe is made from cooked potatoes with milk, cream cheese, salt and chives then baked in an oven. You can be sure that you will cook this successfully because of the simplicity of the cooking process. In the recipe I didn’t include the process of cooking the potatoes. The simplest method is boiling it on a pot with enough water just to cover the potatoes. Peel then slice it into cubes.
How to Make Creamy Cheese Potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 8 oz. package cream cheese softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 4 cups cubed cooked potatoes
How to cook Creamy Cheese Potatoes:
- In medium-sized sauce pan, over low heat, blend milk into cream cheese.
- Stir in chives, onion and salt. Add cubed potatoes; stir carefully to coat.
- Turn potato-cheese mixture into 1 1/2 quart casserole; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 °F) for 30 minutes.
- Cook in sauce pan on low heat till heated through. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 5 to 6 servings.