2 bunches of leeks
1 & 1/2 pints of milk
1 oz. of butter
1 lb. of potatoes
Pepper and salt to taste
Juice of a lemon
How to cook Leek Soup
- Cut off the coarse part of the green ends of the leeks, and cut the leeks lengthways, so as to be able to brush out the grit.
- Wash the leeks well, and see no grit remains, then cut them in short pieces.
- Peel, wash, and cut up the potatoes, then cook both vegetables with 2 pints of water.
- When the vegetables are quite tender, rub them through a sieve.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan, add the butter, milk, and seasoning, and boil the soup up again.
- Before serving add the lemon juice; serve with snippets of toast.
Leave a Reply