A very easy to prepate spicy-sweet dip composed of fish sauce or patis and lime or dayap, coriander and of course, red or green chili peppers. Great for your favorite fried foods whether it is fried tofu, fish or chicken.
How to Make Spicy-Sweet Patis-Dayap Dip
- 1/2 cup Patis
- 1 Tbsp. dayap rind finely minced
- 1/4 cup dayap juice
- 2 to 4 dayap leaves finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- small bundle of coriander wansoy, finely minced
- 2 red and green chilies seeded, finely minced
You can also add:
- 2 cloves garlic coarse salt, peppercorn
How to make Spicy-Sweet Patis-Dayap Dip:
- In a mortar and pestle, pound together into a paste: sugar, chilies, dayap rind, dayap leaves, coriander, etc.
- Add Patis. Slowly stir in dayap juice, enough to balance tastes.
- Spicy-Sweet Patis-Dayap Dip is best for fried dishes!
Leave a Reply