Searching for a pickled vegetable recipe? I think this pickled radish and carrot recipe is a good choice. Since this pickle is spicy because of the chilies, it can be a great appetizer or a side dish to your favorite grilled foods.
How to Make Pickled Veggies with Chilies
- 1/2 white radish about 225 grams
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 carrot
- 500 ml 2 cups Vinegar
- 3 red chilies
- 75 g 2 1/2 oz. fine sugar
How to make Pickled Veggies with Chilies
- Peel radish and carrots and cut into strips (little finger size).
- Slice chilies into large diagonal pieces. Combine in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze out and discard as much moisture as possible out of the vegetables, then rinse briefly in cold water and squeeze dry again.
- Pack into a large, clean and screw top jar. Bring vinegar and sugar to boil then let mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour over radish, carrots and chilies. Let cool completely, then steep overnight, covered, before serving.
- Pickle keeps for couple of week in a cool place.