Mild Chili Sauce
A special chili sauce for your favorite fried foods or finger foods as a hot dipping sauce. It’s a very mild chili sauce so you won’t get that “sting” that you get from very hot chili sauce so even kids will enjoy this or people who can’t tolerate the usual chili sauce.
How to Make Mild Chili Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups canned tomatoes
- 5 bay leaves
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 long green chili peppers chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup kalamansi juice
- 2 pods canned pimientos
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet chili powder optional
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
How to make Mild Chili Sauce:
- Cook all ingredients together, except kalamansi juice, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cool and add kalamansi juice. Remove bay leaves.
- Put through a fine strainer or blenderize. Yield: 1 quart.