1 lb. of artichokes
1 lb. of potatoes
1 Spanish onion
1 oz. of butter
1 pint of milk
pepper and salt to taste
How to cook Artichoke Soup
- Peel, wash, and cut into dice the artichokes, potatoes, and onion.
- Cook them until tender in 1 quart of water with the butter and seasoning.
- When the vegetables are tender rub them through a sieve.
- Return the liquid to the saucepan, add the milk, and boil the soup up again.
- Add water if the soup is too thick.
- Serve with Allinson plain rusks, or small dice of bread fried crisp in butter or vege-butter.