A delicious combination of potato and beets salad. If you are planning to make a delicious salad like this, then I think it’s about time you start to make one. Since beets are reddish in color, the red potatoes will combine very well to the salad.
How to Make Potato and Beet Salad
- 750 grams red potatoes
- 1/2 kilo sugar beets or two 16-ounce cans whole pickled beets drained
- reserve 1/2 cup juice and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 2 cups finely chopped red onions
- 2 medium apples peeled, cored and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup pickled coarsely chopped and drained
- 2 tablespoons or more red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt to taste
- White pepper
- Capers drained
- hard-boiled egg yolks chopped
- Fresh parsley chopped
- Sour cream optional
How to make Potato and Beet Salad:
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes until fork tender.
- Drain, cool, peel and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. if using fresh beets, prepare in the same manner, reserving 1/2 cup beet juice.
- In a large bowl, mix reserved beet juice, vinegar and sugar. Pour over salad. toss gently.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper. Add more vinegar if tangier flavor is desired.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours hours or overnight.
- To serve, mound salad in a large platter. garnish top center with capers.
- Sprinkle chopped egg and parsley in rings around capers.
- Serve with sour cream on the side, if desired.