A Filipino version of apple salad with fruit cocktail, condensed and evaporated milk and celery. In making this salad, red delicious apples are preferable but you can also use Fuji apples since those are softer compared to red delicious apples.
Pinoy Apple Salad
- 2 medium red apples
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp. calamansi juice
- 1 Tbsp. condensed milk
- 3 stalks celery sliced thinly, crosswise
- 1 can 439 grams Fruit cocktail, drained and reserve the syrup
How to make Pinoy Apple Salad:
- Combine evaporated milk and calamansi juice.
- Let stand for 15 minutes. Add condensed milk.
- Cut apples into tidbits and soak in fruit cocktail syrup.
- Drain and combine with celery and drained fruit cocktail.
- Add milk mixture and toss until well blended.
- Chill until ready to serve.