This salad is made from molded honeydew melon balls in lemon flavored gelatin. A very unique fruit salad that you can make in any occasion. It’s so simple and consists of very basic ingredients but you’ll wonder why it is so tasty. In the absence of honeydew, you can substitute it with cantaloupe melon.
How to Make Honeydew Salad
- 2 cups Honeydew melon balls
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice fresh or canned
- 2 to 3 ounce package lemon flavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cup hot water
How to make honeydew salad:
- Dissolve gelatin in hot water. Add cold water and lemon juice.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes,then strain. Chill till slightly thickened.
- Add melon balls. Pour into 2 1/2 cups melon molds. Chill until firm.
- Unmold onto lettuce. Serve cold. Good for 6-8 persons.