Pichi-pichi is a well known Filipino delicacy or kakanin. Made from from grated cassava, sugar, and water. The procedure is very simple, just cook the grated cassava in water and sugar, steam and muffin tray then coat the molded pichi-pichi with grated coconut. You can also add food coloring if you want to make it more attractive.
How to Make Pichi-Pichi Espesyal
- 2 cup kamoteng kahoy cassava tuber, grated
- 2 cups water
- 1 whole grated mature coconut niyog
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp lye water
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
How to make Pichi-Pichi Espesyal:
- Squeeze out juice of grated kamoteng kahoy.
- Place squeezed kamoteng kahoy in a container with sugar, cheese and water.
- Stir constantly until mixture coats spoon. Add in the lye and mix thoroughly. (Put food coloring if you want)
- Transfer mixture on muffin or puto molds and steam for 30 minutes or until the color turns translucent.
- Remove from molds. Coat in grated coconut and serve.