This dessert recipe is made from mashed cooked ube tuber or purple yam combined with condensed milk and margarine. This dessert is easy to cook and the ingredients are very simple and few. The only tedious part is mixing or stirring the “halaya” because you have to continuously stir the mixture until it becomes thick.
How to make Ube Halaya
- 1/2 kilo Ube or purple Yam
- 1 can condensed milk approx. 200ml
- 1/4 cup margarine
How to make ube halaya:
- Boil one-half kilo of ube. When cooked, peel and mash and then pass through a wire strainer.
- You should have two cups of mashed ube.
- Cook over low heat with one can condensed milk and 1/4 cup margarine until thick,stirring all the time to prevent burning. Yield: 3 cups.