This is a recipe of sweetened flavored chocolate porridge made out of glutinous rice, cocoa, sugar and milk. I think this is one of the simplest snack or dessert (whatever you describe it) that you can make because the ingredients are very few and simple. Cocoa powder is what makes this porridge a champorado and I personally recommend Ricoa breakfast unsweetened cocoa because that is what we are using for many years and we were not disappointed with the result. There is also a traditional approach using tablea (chocolate tablets) made from pure cocoa and sugar which is for making hot choco drink. But they are more expensive compared to using the ordinary cocoa powder.
How to Cook Champorado
- 1 cup malagkit glutinous rice
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk evaporated
How to make champorado
- Wash malagkit and drain.
- Add cocoa and water. Boil, stirring constantly until the glutinous rice is cooked .
- Add sugar and milk. You can add the milk later when serving in bowls.
- Stir and cook 2 minutes more.
- Yield: 6 cups.
Leave a Reply