Another favorite Filipino delicacy is the cassava cake and also a popular dessert. Made from grated cassava which can be bought as tuber from the wet market or in frozen packs already grated. Since in the Philippine cassava is abundant you can’t miss it in the wet markets but those Pinoys living abroad, you may find them in supermarkets already grated and frozen.
How to Cook Cassava Cake with Macapuno
- 1 kilo cassava tuber peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 bottle macapuno 12 oz. jar
- 2 oz butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 can condensed milk 300ml can
- grated cheese
How to make cassava cake:
- Mix sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add cassava, macapuno and coconut milk.
- Add vanilla. Stir together. Pour in a well greased baking tray.
- Bake in 350 °F oven 30 minutes or until cooked.
- Pour condensed milk on top of cassava cake.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Put back in oven top shelf until brown.