This is a recipe of the all time favorite buko pie. Since this is a very popular pie, many business sprouted selling buko pies specially in Laguna and became a favorite pasalubong treat. So you don’t have to travel out of town just have a buko pie in case you are craving for one. You can make your own at home with just a simple ingredients like buko meat, flour, cornstarch, milk and cheese.
How to Make Buko Pie
For the crust:
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1 tablespoon water
For the filling:
- 3 1/3 cup buko young coconut
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cheese grated
How to make buko pie
- To prepare the crust, combine flour and salt. Blend in oil thoroughly using a fork.
- Sprinkle with water. Continue "cutting" with a fork until flour mixture forms tiny lumps.
- Form flour mixture into a ball. Divide dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll out to make 2 crusts. Cover bottom of pie pan with one crust. Cut excess.
- Prick pastry all over with fork. Bake in preheated oven at 450°F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown
How to make the filling:
- Combine all ingredients except cheese and cook over low heat.
- Continue stirring until thick. Pour mixture into pastry-lined pie pan.
- Top filling with the second crust. Seal ends all around with a fork.
- Bake at 400 °F until crust turns golden brown. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake for additional 5 minutes. Serves 8.
nc buko pie
Hi Jhoniel, thanks for your comment!
If I don’t have corn oil po can I use butter or margarine? Or vegetable oil?
Yes I think you can use butter or margarine or vegetable oil.
Sherryl Morales says
Excellent recipe and super easy to make and simple ingredients. I will give you 5 stars!!! Thank you
Hi Sherryl, thanks! pls share the recipe!
what size of pie pan did you use
Hi Anna, you can use the standard 9 inch pie pan.
Crust needs more binding like margarine, IMO. It’s was like uraro/pulvoron, powdery texture. But filling is good, not so sweet like other recipes. The cheese added flavour. You may use wax papers when rolling your crust. It makes it easier to transfer to the pan and as top layer.
Do i oven the crust without filling or with filling?
Yes with the filling.