A glutinous rice delicacy cooked with coconut milk. Similar to suman which is wrapped in banana leaves and then steamed in a pot until cooked.
How to Cook Budbud Pilipit
- 3 cups malagkit
- glutinous rice
- 5 cups coconut milk first extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Banana leaves
How to cook Budbud Pilipit:
- Wash malagkit very well. Drain. Cook with coconut milk, salt, and sugar in a wok, stirring constantly.
- When mixture is almost dry, stir to prevent it from sticking to bottom of wok.
- Reduce heat, and cover mixture with banana leaves for a few minutes.
- Wrap 2 tablespoons of cooked malagkit in wilted banana leaves.
- Tie in pairs, and steam 30 minutes in a big pot.
- Serve with hot chocolate or ripe mangoes.