This is a proper and economical way of making sweet potato preserve. Sweet potatoes last only a few days even when you cook it with sugar syrup. But this procedure I have here will last for many days.
How to make Sweet Potato Preserve
- Peel sweet potato and cut into desired size and shape.
- Soak in lime water (one tablespoonful lime to one gallon water) overnight.
- Wash thoroughly and drain.
- Prepare syrup made up of two parts sugar and one part water.
- Cook sweet potato in this syrup for 15 minutes. Let stand overnight.
- Boil syrup again until it gets thick. Drain.
- Pack sweet potato in 12-ounces jars, fill with syrup and half-seal.
- Sterilize for 25 minutes in boiling water. Seal completely.
Hi! How long this sweet potato preserved last?