This recipe for dalanghita juice concentrate is one way of preserving it and for convenience sake too. You don’t need to squeeze fresh dalanghita fruit evertime you want to make a glass of juice. You only need to mix water and sugar with the dalanghita juice concentrate.
How to make Dalanghita Juice:
- Select fresh, fully ripe and sound fruit. Clean well.
- Cut crosswise into halves. Squeeze juice.
- Strain through katsa (unbleached muslin) bag.
- Sugar may or may not be added.
- Heat juice with constant stirring and maintain at 85 °C for 5 minutes.
- Pour at once into bottles which have been boiled in water.
- Fill to the brim and seal completely.
- Process for 20 minutes in boiling water bath. Cool immediately.
- Keep in a cool, dry place or in a refrigerator.
- To prepare fruit drink, add water and sugar to taste.
Leave a Reply