How to make Canned Pepper:
- Select fresh sweet red pepper. Roast over fire or in an oven to blister the skin.
- Dip in cold water and peel. Remove seed cores. Pack in 12 ounces glass jars.
- To every jar, add 1/2 teaspoonful of refined salt. Fill up with boiling water.
- Sterilize jars in boiling water for 40 minutes.
- For No. 2 flat tin cans, add 1/4 teaspoonful of refined salt. Pour boiling water to fill.
- Exhaust cans with unsealed covers until the temperature of the contents reaches 85 °Celsius.
- Seal completely and sterilize in pressure cooker at 10 lbs. for 30 minutes.
COOKING AND HEALTH TIPS:
Buying Peppers When buying fresh peppers, choose those that are a little wrinkled but still unblemished. Wrinkling indicates mellowness.
Chopped Onions & Green Peppers Buy frozen chopped onion or green peppers for a quick recipe shortcut, or since they freeze so well, chop a whole bunch at once and freeze them in single servings.