Guavas are used to be abundant when I was still a child but now when I go to the wet market, I can only see few sellers and they are seasonal. But if I’m mistaken and your area are still abundant with guavas, you can try to make make this recipe especially if they are so many that you have to preserve them and make jellies.
1/2 cup sugar to every cup of guava juice
1 teaspoon kalamansi juice.
2 parts of water for every one part of guava
How to make guava jelly:
- Have a mixture of ripe and under ripe guavas.
- Core and wash them and then cut into quarters and measure.
- To one part of guavas, add 2 parts of water.
- Boil until soft. Strain through jelly bag.
- Hang the bag for the juice to drip. Measure the juice.
- To every cup of juice add 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon kalamansi juice.
- Boil again until 106 degrees °C (soft) or 108 °C (hard). Pour into glass jars and remove scum.
- Cool. It is now ready to be used as spread.
why is it that after two days my delicious guava starts crytalizing
Aurora Pascual says
I tried this recipe and it is good …I like it .Thanks a lot … I’m truly happy and mouth watering…
Hi Aurora, I’m glad you like the recipe! Cheers!