Below is the procedure on making cantaloupe melon jam. Preparation of this fruit jam is not hard and you have to scrape the melon flesh before combining them with the rest of the ingredients.
2 cups melon pulp
1 & 1/2 cups sugar
2 tbsps calamansi peel
1/4 cup calamansi juice
How to make melon jam:
- Put all ingredients in thick saucepan and mix well.
- Cook over low flame, stirring constantly until thick.
- Pour into sterilized dry jars while hot. Remove air bubbles and seal halfway.
- Seal completely when cold. Serve with hot pandesal.
- Note: To sterilize jar, boil for 25 minutes and drain upside down to dry.