This custard is made from fresh milk and melon balls and made into a jello mold. It is very versatile and can be made also with a variation of with buko pandan and mango custard. To change it to buko pandan, substitute the melon extract with buko pandan extract and change the food color to apple green. And to make a mango custard, just substitute the melon extract to mango extract and the food color to yellow.
This custard is made from fresh milk and melon balls. Which can be made also with a variation of with buko pandan and mango custard.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. unflavored gelatin powder
- 6 Tbsp. fresh milk
- 1 1/4 cups fresh milk for the custard
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose cream
- 1 tsp. Melon exact Preferably McCormick
- 1/2 tsp. of orange food color Preferably McCormick
- melon balls
- slices of Maraschino cherry optional
- How to make Tropical Custards:
- Dissolve gelatin in 6 Tbsp. fresh milk. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine 1 1/4 cups fresh milk with sugar and cream.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Stir in dissolved gelatin. Add melon extract and food color Mix well.
- Pour into molds. Chill until set. Invert onto dessert plate Garnish with melon balls and cherry slices.
- To make buko-pandan custard, substitute melon extract with buko-pandan extract.
- Change the food color to apple green, and garnish with pandan leaf and a dollop of whipped cream instead of melon balls and cherry slices.
- To make mango custard, substitute the melon extract with mango extract and change the food color to yellow. Garnish with mango slices.
Leave a Reply