This butter cake is made from danish butter or bruun butter. The cake also has a orange liquor syrup made from Cointreau, a kind of orange liquor.
How to Make Special Bruun Butter Cake
- 3 cups 360 grams cake flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can 1 1/2 cups Bruun butter or any Danish butter
- 2 1/2 cups 500 grams sugar
- 9 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 9 egg whites
Orange Liqueur Syrup:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Cointreau
- 1/4 cup water
How to make Bruun Butter Cake:
- Preheat oven to 325 °F. Grease a 10 x 14 x 2- inch baking pan and line with waxed paper.
- Sift dry ingredients (except sugar) together. Cream butter. Add 2 cups of the sugar alternately with egg yolks, blending well after each addition. Fold in flour mixture alternately with water and milk.
- Beat egg whites until frothy. Add the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and beat until stiff but not dry. Fold egg yolk mixture into egg white mixture.
- Spread evenly on prepared pan and bake for 30 - 40 minutes. Cool on rack. Lift out cake, holding onto waxed paper. Serve as is or if desired, brush with Orange Liquor Syrup. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream with fruits.
How to make the Orange Liquor Syrup:
- Dissolve sugar in water over low heat until syrupy. Remove from heat and add Cointreau.