This is a recipe of Coffee-Time banana cake made from ripe bananas, lots of cheese, cinnamon, vanilla and nuts. A great way to serve at coffee time. A tip for a more flavorful coffee, by freezing coffee, whole beans or ground, in a well-sealed container or zip-locked bag is a great way to preserve the flavor.
How to Make Coffee-Time Banana Cake
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup ripe bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
How to make Coffee-Time Banana Cake
- Combine cheese, margarine and sugar, mixing well until blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in bananas and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour, combined with baking soda and baking powder.
- Mix together nuts, sugar and cinnamon. Fold half of the nut mixture into batter.
- Pour into greased and floured 22 by 32- centimeters baking pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture.
- Bake for from 35 to 40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
Leave a Reply