This is a simple egg and milk combination custard recipe. The procedure is very simple and that ingredients are very basic. This is almost similar to cooking leche flan but instead of steaming, this custard is baked.
How to Make Baked Custard
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups hot evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Blend eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt in a large bowl. Add hot milk, stirring in well.
- Pour into custard cups; sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Set cups in shallow pans filled to 1-inch depth with hot water.
- Bake for from 35 to 40 minutes at 350 °F or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Yield: 4 servings.