Standard Baked Pastry For Single crust pie or single layer without the top crust pie or also called “cobbler”. Good for any kinds of meat or fruit pies that doesn’t require a top crust.
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/3 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 & 1/2 to 3 tablespoons ice water
How to make Standard Baked Pastry For Single Crust Pie
- Sift flour and salt together. Cut in shortening with pastry blender until mixture is size of small pear.
- Toss and star mixture with a fork while adding ice water gradually.
- Form unto a ball and roll out. Fit loosely into pie pan: prick bottom.
- Fold edges to form a fluted standing rim.
- Bake at 450 °F for from 10 to 12 minutes.
- Yield: one 9-inch pie shell.