An old time favorite Pinoy cookies shaped like a camachile fruit. Sometimes it is called baby finger cookies. It is also sold in supermarkets packaged in tin cans or plastic containers but you can also make your own using this recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. fine salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. powdered milk for special camachile
How to make camachile:
- Add sugar to butter and beat. Beat eggs in another bowl, add salt and vanilla.
- Mix together butter mixture and egg mixture. Continue beating until smooth.
- Add baking soda and baking powder to sifted flour. Blend with egg-butter mixture.
- Knead on top of floured board.
- Form into small balls (1 Tbsp. full) and roll on floured board till ball flattens.
- Then, form into strip 3" to 4" long.
- Lightly press 2 fingers on dough, turn other side and press 3 fingers.
- This would make your cookie look like a camachile fruit when baked.
- Arrange on a greased baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven to 350 °F.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until golden brown.