Budin is a bread pudding made from bread slices, milk, sugar, margarine, eggs and salt. It can be served as a dessert or a snack. Budin is a popular bread pudding in Puerto Rico and perhaps the word “budin” came from the French word “boudin” which means “pudding”. Making pudding is very simple because you only need to use bread instead of flour.
How to Make Budin (Bread Pudding)
- 6 slices bread cut into pieces
- Raisins optional
- 250 ml can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
How to make budin
- Beat eggs slightly and add milk, sugar, margarine and salt.
- Soak the bread in the mixture and let stand for 20 minutes, stirring once in a while.
- Add raisins and stir again. Pour mixture into a greased pan and bake in a moderate oven or steam for 45 minutes.
- Yield: 4 servings.