This is a delicious cheese puffs recipe made with blue cheese. If you have acquired the taste of blue cheese, you will love this appetizer, but if not, try to substitute it with semi soft cheese like feta cheese for a different flavor. Blue cheese are not always available and it is an exotic kind of cheese which acquires its blue color due to the mold growing in the cheese.
How to Make Blue Cheese Puffs
- 1/2 cup 115 grams butter
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 140 grams all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup 150 grams blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
How to make Blue Cheese Puffs:
- Set and preheat oven to 375 °F. In a saucepan, mix butter, milk and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and add flour all at once, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon.
- Return to moderate heat and stir constantly until dough leaves sides of pan and forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating hard until dough is smooth.
- Add blue cheese. Place rounded teaspoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 °F for 5 minutes, then lower temperature to 350 °F and bake another 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack, then serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers in a container and reheat to serve.